Saturday, January 26, 2008

6 Months Between Posts..Catching Up

Wow!! that sure is a bit excessive. Fact of the matter is I don't have as much free time as i used to, but I would like to get back to this at least with a weekly post. Since July of 07' obviously a lot has happened. Hannah is 7 months now, Avery is almost 3, and going to Pre School, and I have been at my "new" job long enough to be eligible for vacation.

The newest change is my new vehicle. I am now leasing a 2008 Ford Edge, Sync included. I picked it up on January 16th, and filled up for the 1st time today. It took only 2 days after the expected shipping date and with the holiday layoffs, I was thrilled with that. I love it. The ride, the look, the maneuverability and of course how awesome is the SYNC?? No more fumbling for my phone when I drive, and over 6000 songs available at my disposal with simply a voice command, or from one of the 6 MP3 CD's in the 6 disc MP3 changer. Amazing technology and it works surprisingly well.

Hannah now says her 1st word! She says "Da Da." Although I don't think she really knows what she is saying, it's amazing to hear 1st words from your kids. So precious. She really is the perfect baby. Always happy and content, and sleeps wonderfully. Truly a blessing since Avery is and probably always will be, a handful. Avery is doing great and is really becoming a little sweetheart. She is very strong willed, but can be the sweetest little girl when she wants to be. Everyone is doing really well.

On the job front..well it is going good. Now that I am set with a 8-4 shift, things are going extremely well. It is no longer a struggle physically, and it is always nice once you are not the new guy anymore. I like pretty much everyone I work with too, so the switch has been a success.

Wow it is just crazy it has been this long since I have posted..if anyone still reads this then Welcome Back! I'm going to make a real effort to keep this updated...now that we have the girls on a consistent schedule, I should be able to do this without too much of a problem.

I guess that's it for now. I will make a Super Bowl prediction. Patriots will win (out on a limb here) 34-23. 11 points probably won't cover the line, but my feeling is the Pats always seem to play these games tight. All of their wins have been competitive games so I'd probably bet with the points (I believe the line is 14) if I were to bet on this one. For what it's worth after a perfect post season record last year, this year I was a mere 6-4 this year. Not so hot.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Wow, I thought this blog was gone for good.

Good to have you back!