Monday, February 4, 2008

The latest dish..on the dish

So today was the scheduled install of my Dish Network Satellite. I finally made the plunge after making many phone calls, working out deals, and becoming pretty sick of going through all of it. Today the scheduled install was between 1-5 PM. They showed up at 6:30 for what I found out would be a 3 hour install. No thanks. Also I was supposed to be getting one of the new Dual LNB HD dishes so I would only need 1 as opposed to 2. Turns out that wasn't the case. On the plus side, the installer was American, and he thought he knew my brother from playing basketball at UTEP.

I rescheduled my install for Wednesday between 9-12, but after my call to Comcast, I believe I will be staying with the Big Guys after all. Bottom line is I was switching for savings, and once I went to the customer cancel line I was given an offer that worked for me without the headache. My once $80.00 cable bill now goes to $99.00, but I now have Cable, Phone, and Cable internet for that price, and they are even kind enough to throw in the HD DVR for free. I'll take it. I improve my Internet speed, get a DVR, and drop my $141 bill to $99. Mission accomplished..at least for this year. They only guarantee it for one year, so the headache will probably resurface next February. Good Times.

What a game last night! It was great to see the Patriots lose, especially with Seau, Moss, and yes even Donte Stallworth aboard. Oh yeah, I forgot how annoyed I was with Wes Welker last night. One thing's for sure, the Pats should have franchised Vinatieri, they can't win the big one without him. Aren't the Patriots becoming much like the Yankees lately?? They sign all these big name free agents, only to forget there were reasons these guys (Seau, Moss) never won. Whether it's coincidence or just plain bad luck, you have to wonder why it is that way.

7 comments:

Brett said...

Your brother is Tim Hardaway?

I thought we agreed that the 2-dish look was futuristically fresh!?! I guess you can't beat the deal you ended up with... surprised The Monopoly was willing to take the hit.

Todd said...

Yeah, those cable ops always give up the deals when you threaten them with a switch. SusCom did that, too, back in the day.

Regarding the Pats, there are so many people to loathe. Just on the d - Seymour, Wilfork, Seau, Vrabel, Harrison, Gay. I personally detest Bruschi the most! Harrison is a close second.

emceeb said...

The 2 dish look is actually not bad, It just compounded my irritation when the guy specifically told me I was getting only 1 dish. With the problems you had with the set up, and your bills, it seemed to get off to a rocky start.

emceeb said...

Wasn't there someone else famous from UTEP??

Yeah, I was also surprised about the offer, but was glad to take them up on it. I am psyched to get the cable internet!!

I agree with Bruschi, Harrison, and Seau. If you think about it..is there a worse cast of characters in the league?

Todd said...

Don Haskins ...but back then they were called Texas Pan-American.

Todd said...

oops, Texas Western.

Todd said...

Other notable UTEP alums:

Seth Joyner
Sam Donaldson
Antonio Davis
Nolan Richardson
Nate Archibald
Bob Beamon
Greg Foster
Ed Hochuli
Don Maynard
Tony Tolbert
Chris Jacke