Thursday, May 29, 2008

Injuries set in, and the start of the quotes of the week

Injuries are beginning to crush my Van Buren Boys' teams. In the mixed league I now have Byrnes, Sheffield, Schmidt, and Carmona all on the shelf. In the NL league I boast Andruw Jones, Pedro Martinez, Rafael Furcal, and Clint Barmes. Ryan Zimmerman is probably headed there soon, as he hasn't played at all this week for me either. Zimm leads a VBB lineup that is in a lot of trouble this week playing without 2 guys, and having my best hitter in a bit of a slump right now. Luckily Randy Winn continues to be the man and he is keeping me in it.

Some noted transactions this week. I picked up 1-8 Barry Zito and Jason Giambi who had been hitting .211 as of Mid May. Call it a hunch, but I think these guys are going to have huge 2nd halfs.

I would like to start a new segment called "Quote of the Week". I actually wanted to start this last week, so I am going to lead off with 2 entries.

The 1st 2 winners both go to my wife. We'll start with the inaugural quotes:

Week of May 18th: When skimming through the DVR'd programs I noticed that Laura had decided to record the "Bachelorette". I asked her about it and she said "Yeah, I'm kind of into it this year, it's a girl this time."

And now the winning entry for this week, May 25th:

While getting her teeth cleaned by her MJ I watched Avery and Hannah in the waiting room until it was time for my cleaning. I eventually brought the girls back to the dental office because it was really hot in the waiting room and Hannah wanted to get down to crawl. Laura said "Don't let Hannah crawl around here, there is plaque flying everywhere!!" Yep, that's a winner! Congrats to LBB for her 1st 2 entries.

Who will make this list next?? I'll be searching for the next great quote, so Bring It!!

No comments: