Tuesday, July 1, 2008

QOW, The Mustard Club, and a few others..

I will start with a delayed posting of the Quote of the Week. This one belongs to Mike Hamel. When asked if he had to choose one condiment, ketchup or mustard exclusively, which one would it be? He answered emphatically.."Mustard, Ketchup Sucks!"

While I don't quite think that ketchup "sucks", I am a part of the Mustard Club. This club should not be exclusive, but for now it is still the minority..but it's growing. Current members are:

Myself
Anthony Miller
Mike Hamel
John Snyder "Slice"
Joe O'Neill
"Colonel" Mustard (Clue)
Chad Mustard (Browns)

All that is required to join the club is to simply choose mustard as your number one condiment. What's in it for you?? Well, some great tasting food, and a feeling of living dangerously. If you would like me to add your name to this list, comment me and I will do so.

Some crazy stuff happening in sports. Baron Davis is a Clipper now! (Yuck!!) Tony Armas is back in the Bigs..(Yes!!) And on the Fantasy Front I continue to tray and field a healthy team in the KBSL league. Today I see I had a trade accepted and fixed my 3B hole, but now find out Byrnes is back on the DL...UGGGHH

P.S. This from Rotoworld:

Free agent Shea Hillenbrand signed with the York Revolution of the independent Atlantic League on Tuesday.
There was no real interest in Hillenbrand in the offseason, though perhaps that would have changed if he was open to accepting a minor league deal. It was still surpising that no team threw $1 million at him, considering he's not all that different from the player who just received a $6.5 million guarantee the previous winter.

That's a pretty serious player coming to town. I think I even had him a few years ago in the KBSL.

Cool Stuff!!




1 comment:

Todd said...

May I suggest Chemical Ali for the Mustard Club? He employed mustard gas in the Al-Anfal campaign on the Kurds in the late 80's. I would surmise that there's little doubt mustard is his choice condiment at the dinner table, as well.

Atlantic League? Boo!

You could mention that your Nats recently called up (now former) Sen Roger Bernadina to play some slick-fielding CF and slap the ball around Nats Park.

Or that Elijah Dukes has found his groove (knock on wood).