Thursday, March 22, 2007

AI 6 and Spring Fever

What a joke. As exciting as it is to follow AI it is equally frustrating as well. Stephanie Edwards was booted last night, while Sanjaya Malawful, Chris Sigh, who is apparently bringing "Chubby Back", and Phil Stacey (Ok, he's not that bad, but the bald head look does not work for this dude..see Chemo patient) outlast her. I think there is a simple solution to solving this problem, and that is limit the amount of times you can vote from a phone line. If you don't, then this is what you get. For crying out loud our current American Idol is Taylor Hicks!! If you think about it, that Peter Noone guy, (who i never heard of b4 this week's show) said it perfectly, it's NOT a singing competition. I can live with that, but at least give us some watchable TV, please. Yes, there are some good candidates left for the Idol...Blake, Sparks, Richardson, and Jones would all make good idols. I stand by my final 3 of Blake, Sparks, and Richardson, but at this point who knows what will happen. If Sligh, Doolittle, or god forbid, Malakar win, the show has officially became a joke. Don't get me wrong, Melinda is an excellent singer, but you can't have someone that unconfident become an IDOL, it just doesn't work that way. MJ brought that up a few weeks ago, and after thinking about it, she's right on, it's called American Idol, and you have to exude that to hold that title. This season can still be a success, but I am actually kind of hoping that show is fixed, and we are given the best talent at the end. It's time to get rid of the ridiculous Malakar please! This is getting to be worse the Covais now. Kids literally crying in the audience?? For this guy? Seriously? I mean if that shot of him doing the limbo or whatever with the Hawaiian music didn't crush whatever popularity he had what will? Ok..I'm going there..does the gay community have that many votes?? If my daughter was voting for or liked this kid, we'd have to have a serious talk.

On a positive note, it's awesome outside today! I'm on the bandwagon for Spring Fever, and with our baseball teams drafted and ready for action..let's get the season started. Spring Fever..catch it!

3 comments:

MJ said...

I agree with the idea of limiting the number of votes per household - just like Dancing with the Stars does. Brett says AI won't because they like announcing that they got "33 million votes last night" and that is probably true, but at some point they have to draw the line. I think they are going to end up losing loyal viewers because it is becoming a joke and people won't want to invest 5 hours of their time a week to partake in it.
BTW - it's nice to know you do listen when I talk!!

Todd said...

Doolittle's "aw shucks, me?" schtick is just that - an act. She's Pickler 2007. The girl is a professional back-up singer, for pete's sake.

I can take people like Malakar. I don't take the show that seriously to begin with, and the end, I really don't care who wins or who gets voted off (or maybe this year's "talent" is just so blase?). I just like to play my Pool (which you should've been in)and whatever.

It's the fakes like Doolittle and Pickler I can't stand.

Emcee B said...

You're right, they love to announce the number of votes, I am assuming because that is a corporate sponsor gold mine with that many viewers.

See MJ I do pay attention when people talk to me! (Well most of the time anyway.)

Todd, I would play the idol pool, but I would be even more angry about the results then. Speaking of pools..one thing's for sure..my bracket sucks.