Monday, March 12, 2007

MRM: Borat, Mission Impossible 2

Well, I finally got so see Borat on Friday night. It was as advertised, some very funny parts, and some extremely disturbing scenes. I will have to watch it again to fully get all the jokes I am sure. As a journalist from Kazakhstan he travels to the states to interview people from this country to help improve life in his home country. This "documentary" is nothing but comedy from the start to finish of the movie. No real plot, just Borat being an idiot the entire time. This is definitely a guy's movie for sure. It's worth checking out if you are looking for laugh out loud comedy, but be prepared if you don't like shows like Jackass, or Austin Powers type comedy, this probably isn't for you. 3 of 5 stars for it's comedic value, but you have read the fore warnings.

Mission Impossible 2- This movie was disappointing in a big way for me. I just don't buy Tom Cruise in this action role with him shooting people, and doing these stunts. The parts of the movie where he wasn't involved in crazy stunts or shootouts I liked, but the story I thought was stupid as well. I enjoyed the 1st MI, but will not watch MI3 after seeing this one. Thumbs down for me on Cruise and MI2. 1.5 of 5 stars.




No comments: