Friday, March 2, 2007

Is American Idol Fixed?

I'm beginning to believe it truly is. Maybe not entirely, but I believe that some parts are definitely done by AI to increase water cooler fodder or results they do in fact want. The puzzling one is Hick's winning last year, but something tells me that McPhee's attitude toward AI and her petrified look every results show had something to do with it. If I remember correctly..there was something that happened towards the end of that show with McPhee. I'm researching that now as I write this. My thought is that they booted Daughtry early to add to the water cooler talk, with the intent on McPhee winning, and then she did something that caused them to have no choice but to let Taylor win. That's just a theory. At any rate there is no way that Kevin Covais should have been in the competition as long as he was. He was terrible, and it drove me crazy he continually got through. Meet 2007's version of Covais, Sanjaya Malakar. This kid is may be more annoying then Covais. While he has a little better of a voice (well no lisp) his look and goofy smile make his staying almost as bad as KC's last season. Did he even sing that song he tried to perform on Tuesday? Because I didn't hear it. That may have single handedly been the worst performance on Idol ever. Yet here he is amongst the top vote getters? Come on. Who seriously voted for this guy? He dressed up like Michael Jackson and then comes out and sings a 20's or 30's ballad? Ok..whatever. Heck he even looks extremely uncomfortable up there, he wasn't even looking into the camera most of the time. Yet he is connecting to the audience?? I hope that Idol is in fact, genuine, but anyone who saw the movie Quiz Show, or remembers the 2000 presidential election knows that this kind of thing can happen, and happens more then people think. No, I don't think Nick Pedro or AJ Tabaldo were going to win, but they deserved another week on the show over this clown.

Well, here's to hoping the show is truly a competition, I will now unveil my Idol picks:

Final 3 Guys: Blake Lewis, Chris Richardson, Brandon Rogers
Final 3 Girls: Jordin Sparks, Melinda Doolittle, Stephanie Edwards

Final 2: Jordin Sparks, Chris Richardson

Winner: Chris Richardson

Update: I was just made aware of this site: http://www.votefortheworst.com/node

Perhaps they are partly to blame as well?

No comments: