Wednesday, February 6, 2008

From one Monopoly to the other..the saga continues..

Today Verizon contacted me because Comcast had been in contact with them to take over my phone number to start digital phone service. Having DSL and the phone through them already to keep my business they were willing to offer me their own "Triple Play". Apparantly Verizon and Direct TV have an agreement to be bundled together. After a phone call back to Verizon, this is what I was offered now...

DSL- $14.95 Grandfathered rate
Unlimited Calling anywhere in the US and Canada- $ 24.99
Direct TV Choice Extra Plus DVR Package- $ 39.99
1 DVR and Standard Receiver- No Charge.
A $50.00 "Stay With Verizon" bill credit.

$ 79.00 total for all three services, and the channel package is actually really good. This is normally a $59.99 package. I was paying $80.00 for just cable up to this month. "Real Nice"

The install is scheduled for Saturday, February 16th.

We'll see what happens when I call to cancel my Comcast this time.

No comments: