Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another great idea...another disappointment

Another one of my "invention" ideas I have come to find out is already in existence. While pushing Avery on the swing today at Cousler Park I came up with a brilliant idea for a booming new trend. Satellite Dish covers. When I say that, I mean covers with designs on them such as your favorite sports teams. Or perhaps you would prefer to have one to accent the season, such as a snowman for winter, or a scarecrow for fall. This could be similar to the flags people put out in their yards, or the mailbox covers you can buy. Well, after doing the dreaded Google search, I found out they already are marketed.

This I must admit was even harder to swallow then the "Clothing Exchange" website idea I was nearly as excited about earlier this year. That dream ended at Genova's when MJ told me she saw that idea on Oprah earlier that month. No, this one was tougher to take. This was tangible, marketable, and probably in a boom market with so many people making the switch to the dish.

It's off to the drawing board for the next big idea...i'll keep you posted. After I patent it that is.

1 comment:

Brett said...

Looking at that site, you could easily do better than them... my choice are non-Eagles NFL or Rubber Bands?!?

I think the market to attack is always dog lovers. If you could get a Bichon Frise sat-skin, your house payment evaporates.