Saturday, May 19, 2007

1 Week In

Well, the 1st week is over for me at the new job. And the verdict is...it's a change. What a week. Monday was slammed busy and while Thursday was pleasantly light, Friday was back to being busy again. This lifestyle change, and that is certainly what it is, is going pretty well, and I think I am getting adjusted. I put in over 47 hours this week after totaling about 35 a week before, and it's more demanding, but I'm up for the challenge.

The Cavs beat the Nets tonight to set themselves up to be annihilated by the Pistons this week and what will set up another boring NBA finals matchup of Spurs vs Pistons. More Big Shot Bob, and more Timmy, to go along with the same cast of Pistons characters. Can this series please end with a Chris Webber technical? How great would that be if he called another illegitimate time out?

How about American Idol? Finally 2 people I like made the final! I don't even care who wins, but I am pulling for Jordin Sparks who i thought all along would have a great shot at winning. I predicted it would be Richardson and Sparks, but Blake stepped up and took it from CR (And rightfully so). My prediction is Sparks as the AI and the Pistons as NBA champs. (Yawn)

3 comments:

j said...

I expect Cleveland to run all over Detroit this year and take it all. Cleveland is a better team, has better players and more stars. They are destined. It doesn't matter about them going back and fourth all year in their 1st and 2nd place standings in their division. Cleveland is just better and will run all over Detroit. But enough about the Indians and Tigers.

The Pistons are tough but last year the Cavs gave them all they could handle. This year the Pistons are without any spectacular players including Wallace. The Cavs are more experienced and more hungry than they were last year. The Pistons, although have played great all year, won't beat the Cavs this year. The Cavs have a great defense which is all that the NBA playoffs seem to be about anymore. I expect the Cavs to be able to win on the road. They took two in Washington and two in New Jersey. And although the four road wins were against only the Wizards and the Nets, they were still four road wins in the NBA at playoff time. Cavs in 6.

Todd said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Detroit can play some defense, too.

I'm no fan of the D, but no stars? They don't have a LeBron, but Rip and Chauncey are no slouches. Tayshaun Prince usually comes up big when it counts, too.

Sadly, PistonsZzzzz v. SpursZzzzz in the Finals. Can we just get it over with and go to the draft? That is always entertaining.

Emcee B said...

Nice call JJ. Let's go Cavs.