Thursday, May 3, 2007

Going Down in a Blaze of Glory

What a final performance by Phil Stacey last night. Singing "Blaze of Glory" by JBJ I couldn't think of a better way to go out. It would of been nice to see PS or Chris Richardson one more week at the expense of Lakisha Jones, but hey, they made it pretty far. Let's go Blake and Jordin!!

In what was a relatively strange draft for the Eagles this past weekend, I was pretty happy to see them get a QB, and what could turn out to be a pretty nice fullback in Tony Hunt from PSU. He has the size and makeup to be pretty effective in the Birds offense. Other then that pick, nothing to get too overly excited about as far as I'm concerned. The QB pick I liked because as much as I like Donovan, it's really tough to think that he will ever be the same as he was prior to this injury. To have a guy waiting in the wings for 3 years down the road and be ready to step in there was a smart choice in my opinion. Especially when you factor that Donovan has been hurt 3 of the last 4 years as it is.

This Saturday is the run for the roses, and my money will be on Any Given Saturday to show. This horse looks good! I mean you want to see a good looking thoroughbred, there you have him. Let's hope this man does well because I haven't won any big money since Fusaichi Pegasus took 1st place in 2000. Heck I even missed Smarty Jones and he was from Philly.

Here's to Any Given Saturday and his start of his run to the Triple Crown!

5 comments:

Todd said...

Don't sleep on Tiago!

I don't know if I see Tony Hunt as a fullback. He was strictly an RB in college, and occassionally worked out of the slot (a la Westbrook). He's a great blocker and terrific on blitz pick-up, but I don't know if he could be used like an Eagles FB. Although I'll take anyone over that white guy who always dropped passes out of the backfield. His name escapes me.

Emcee B said...

You've got to be thinking of Josh Parry. I agree, I thought he was terrible. I would be surprised if they didn't give Hunt a shot at fullback, but maybe you're right and they'll put him in there as a TB. I think he is a nice fit for the Birds regardless.

Don't know a whole lot about Tiago, or the QB from Houston, but from what I've read about him he is a very cerebral guy which would bode well in Reid's system.

Todd said...

Yes, Josh Parry! I hated that guy and he frustrated me to no end.

I meant Tiago the horse. Isn't he running in the Derby tomorrow?

Whether its at RB, pairing up with B-West or at FB, I hope Big Red is able to utilize Tony Hunt because he is talented and tough.

Emcee B said...

Ah, yes indeed Tiago is running tomorrow. Like I said I have had little luck lately with the horse racing, but since you mentioned him maybe I'll throw a 5 spot on him as well.

Todd said...

He is actually the brother of past Derby winner, Giacomo (same parents). So I like his bloodline. Actually, he's Joe Girardi's pick, too, which is how I originally discovered him.