Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Diary of Opening Day from a Fantasy Perspective

The best part of baseball is that there are day games, and on opening day, there are lot's of them! Starting up the day was the Nationals vs Marlins tilt at 1:30. The anticipation begins..who will get my 1st hit of the year? Well, it's the 4th inning, and Hanley Ramirez whom I am playing against has 2 hits, a double, and 2 stolen bases while I am still searching for anything.

It's 3:00 and still nothing from anyone in the 2 games that are one, why was I excited about opening day again?

3:10 Johnny Estrada singles for the Van Buren Boys and finally I am off the snide. It's always tough to get that 1st one out of the way. (Unless you are Hanley Ramirez)

3:20 Rafael Soriano enters the 8th inning for the Braves with the score tied, here is a chance for him to shut down the Phillies, and hopefully get a win.

3:25 Soriano gets through the inning with ease. Now we need a run.

3:30 Braves go in order. No win for Raffy.

3:45 Madson enters, and Edgar takes him out. Game Over. No win for Madson but he is nice enough to pick up a hefty ERA for his brief appearance.

4:30 Rockies/Diamondbacks start, Aaron Cook makes my 1st Starting Pitching performance of the year. I leave for the day, thus ending my tracking. He ends up allowing 5 Runs in 6 Innings. Ouch.

So before I left Estrada, and D Lee had notched some singles for me. Madson and Soriano pitched a few relief innings with nothing but an inflated ERA to show for it. Not a good start for the Van Buren Boys.

Opening Day Sucks.

1 comment:

Brett said...

At least your 2nd best offensive weapon didn't run into a wall.

Furthermore, don't let your fantasy team get in the way of the excitement... that was some blast by Edgar!