Thursday, April 19, 2007

Trade, Charlie Manuel, The Revs

Well, the Iceman will be gone from my team Monday, but he had a big night last night adding a triple, a double, and a HR to his totals. Thanks for the memories Jason. I'd like to welcome Brian McCann, Pat the Bat Burrell, and David Wright back to my team. It's nice to have Wright back, he's a guy I was happy to had landed, and hopefully Burrell can be competent enough for me in LF, since I had to give up pretty much all of my depth to get Billy Wagner, and my latest maneuver. (Thank you Maracas and KK)

Before I leave baseball, Charlie Manuel needs to be fired. No, I am not one of those people who think because a team gets off to a bad start they should just fire the manager, but he is clearly not doing a great job in Philly. The latest last night on the botched pitching swap allowing Restovich to go in to the game later when he was supposed to have been already used was just a game managing mistake you can not make. Also the move of Myers to the pen, while brazen, is in my opinion, not a good idea. Why would you put your best starter in the bullpen when there is nothing wrong with his arm? Yeah Yeah I know they have Leiber there now, but it just doesn't make any sense why you would put a guy like Myers in the bullpen.

I'm glad to see Sanjaya go home last night. He had worn out his welcome, and it's good to know that I won't have to hear him anymore, and also that it gives Phil Stacey another week in the competition, he did well this week.

Rajon Rondo from the Celtics is the man. He and J Rich managed to help the Courts hang on for the win in my basketball roto league. I hope the Warriors do well in the playoffs!

The York Revolution well you just knew they would figure out a way to screw this up. Opening day at Sovereign Bank Stadium was scheduled for May 12th, and of course, the stadium will not be ready then. They have pushed it back now until June 15th..we'll see. Now I have driven by the stadium several times in the past 3 months and was wondering how in the world they were going to finish this in time, but they have to right? You can't miss opening day in your inaugural season, especially when people are skeptical about this anyway..they managed to do it. I'm excited about having a baseball team, but I certainly hope this isn't a sign for what is to come. You go from finding out Tike Redman is going to be center fielder, to finding out they have managed to drop the ball in a big way. R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

3 comments:

Todd said...

Atlantic League "baseball"...gotta love it.

Illegitimate, fraudulant semi-pro baseball at its best!

Brett said...

The articles in the paper had people just shrugging off the delay, which probably ticks me off just as much as the actual delay. This is a major buzzkill.

Todd said...

Wait until you stand in line and pay money to watch 5 hour games filled with 8 or more combined errors and 12+ walks on a nightly basis.

That is a buzzkill, too.

Don't believe the hype! (P.E. reset)