Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Ice Man, Freaking Scams!!, Idol Fodder

Hello everyone I'd like you to meet the Ice Man. No, I am not talking about Mr. Finger Roll himself George Gervin, I am talking about Jason Bay. You may know Bay as the Pirates only All Star last year. Perhaps that he is a Left Fielder, or that he is from Canada. I simply like to refer to him as the Ice Man. Why is this? Because the guy has been eternally cold this season so far. You just keep waiting for him to do something, and then finally he will go 1 for 4 with a solo homerun.

Come on JB, this is not the All Star I thought I was getting! I am looking for some big things from you this year, let's get your head on straight here and start hitting would ya? Here I am tracking a Pirates day game again and wouldn't you know it, Bay is 0-2 with 2 walks. Twice walking with a guy on 3rd. Swing the bat big man! Don't just do it for me, (although that would be pretty cool) do it for all of your friends up north. You have a whole country counting on you..Larry Walker doesn't play anymore!

On to the scam thing..I just received an email that I can get a week free from Jillian Michaels work out and diet plan, what the heck, I'll take a look at it..we all could use some direction. The email title reads:

Join today and get this special
1-Week Free Trial!

You've got nothing to lose!

So I clicked on it to see what was up..and in the disclaimer it says:

*Your credit card will not be charged during your free trial period. However, valid credit card information is required.

If you're not 100% satisfied, simply call customer service to cancel your subscription before your free trial ends -- no charge. If you choose to remain a member, your service will continue uninterrupted and you will be enrolled under our standard membership agreement.

Jillian Michael's online program is just $4 a week, billed quarterly (every 13 weeks), with a five-week minimum commitment. Your credit card will be charged $52 at the beginning of each quarter.
You may cancel at any time and receive a refund for the unused portion of your subscription, other than the five-week minimum commitment of $20, which is non-refundable.

Actually I stand to lose at least $20.00, so that is not a free week, and is not "nothing to lose". Scam as to be expected. At least we can still get music for free!!

Tonight on Idol is a tough one..I am picking Lakisha Jones and Phil Stacey in the bottom 2. Lakisha is a long shot, but I think Haley might have done enough to prevent her from being down there this week. I suspect if they pull 3 down it will be Jones, Scarnato, and Stacey. I say that Phil goes home tonight, but he has had surprising staying power, and he was wise to leave the hat on last night.



No comments: