Monday, April 30, 2007

Bye Bye Birdie, Driving Looks, and Stop Signs

Well a lot has happened since my last entry. I've been slacking as it has been over a week! Anyway the biggest news is that I accepted the position at Gerhardt this morning. Which means that in 2 weeks I will be starting my new endeavor and hopefully what will turn out as a great opportunity for me. A 54% raise is hard to pass up even though it may come at the expense of my fantasy sports teams, and I will truly miss the extra time I had to spend with my little girl. I hope Avery Lizzy still likes me as much when I don't see her as often. :(
My next segment I want to talk about something that has been on my mind lately and came to a head again this morning and that is the looks you get when you are driving. Everyone is a frickin tough guy when they are behind the metal enclosure that is their automobile. Again this morning as I pull out of the development when I get to the stop sign off of Aslan Dr turning on to Greenbriar Road you have to pull out pretty far to see oncoming traffic. It isn't a choice, you have to do it. Anyway, so almost every day when I do this I get people staring me down as if I am going to hit them..RELAX, I am just trying to see so I DON'T hit you. So today this guy actually has the balls to slow down and really stare me down. I had enough..I pulled out and followed this guy to the oncoming traffic light and instead of making a left, I went straight into the Weis so I could pull beside this guy. When I do..he will not look at me. I really wanted to tell this guy off, it is something that has been bugging me for months and this guy just took it too far. Needless to say the spineless jerk didn't give me the time of day and I ended up having to go a less direct way to work. Bastard.

Lastly, what is up with the stop signs in West York? When you travel down these side roads in WY there is no rhyme or reason why they put them where they do. Traveling the same direction, i went through 3 intersections with no stop signs, then all of a sudden you have one and the side street has none. It isn't even a 4 way job, they just have the right away. This happens throughout the streets. Talk about dangerous, almost every time you drive down there you run the risk of getting plowed by someone not paying attention. Why can't things make sense anymore?

1 comment:

Todd said...

Congrats on the new job! I hope it doesn't deter you from blogging too much.

Giving less attention to your fantasy teams, I can accept.