Friday, February 9, 2007

627 Yao

Last night's nice line at the alleys left a little something to be desired. I missed practice, and then proceeded to leave 4 splits in the first 5 frames. The good news? I made 3 of them (none of which were the baby variety), and then got it rolling by finishing with the final 6 to record a 211. Following a 224 game in which I again punched out in the 10th we were looking for a much needed 3 games from "Dem Franchize Boyz" Team. Fast forward to the last game, 9th frame. I strike in the set up frame, so a strike in the 10th and the double puts us up comfortably with Geesey to follow. The shot felt good, but it hung up in the oil a bit, leaving it a bit short and I was left with the 4,8. Worried about pushing past the 8 and getting only the 4 I put a little extra on it, and chopped the 8 off instead, leaving me at 192. We won the game, but lost total pins by 11..I feel like this one was on me. My average now will go back to 190, but we really needed those points. Hopefully we have a big run left in us.

I acquired Yao Ming in the fantasy league yesterday, along with the enigmatic Ron Artest who was absolutely awful for me earlier in the year. I sent the Mighty Dirk and Andris Biedrins in the deal. This is one of those deals that either makes or breaks your team. The good news is that my team has been broken all year long, so maybe this helps fix it. Yao Ming was traded with Chris Webber for Joe Johnson, and Ron Artest. Joe Johnson was traded with Ray Allen and Carlos Boozer for Billups, Marion, and Bibby. Finally Ming was acquired for Dirk in more then anything, a positional switch. According to Basketball Monster, I made a good deal..we shall see.

If by chance Allen Iverson reads this..please sit out at least until Monday and get your ankle healed. We'll need you down the stretch little big man.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Even though AI's a "warrior" and will "go to war with his guys", I'm pretty sure he's sitting out until after the All-Star break. (Although, I'm sure he'll still be in Vegas, whether he participates in the game or not).