Thursday, February 22, 2007

Wade Get's Wheeled??, The Couch People

Ok, so this isn't really surprising news, but Dwayne Wade got hurt last night, as he seems to do just about every game. The difference this time was that he seperated his shoulder, and he could be out a while. It's a shame, I like Wade. The real story is the fact that he was taken off the court in a wheelchair. Yes, a wheelchair. No he did not injure his legs in any way, yet there was the former Golden Eagle being wheeled to the locker room. Are you kidding me? I'm not a doctor, and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but I'm sorry that was ridiculous. Obviously, the trainer felt it necessary to take him out that way (At least I am hoping) but I don't get it. You want to keep the shoulder straight, I realize that. Perhaps it was uncomfortable to walk with it, but give me a break a wheelchair? I will say this, if the guy comes back and plays this week and they mention how tough he is..I would instead have the Hollywood agents sign him up because that was about as cinematic as you can get on a basketball court. It's not all Dwayne's fault, this is probably another fall out from the Jordan saga..always trying to be a hero. I do hope DW is alright, and I hope I am wrong about this, but it sure looked pathetic to me. I've never seen an athlete get wheeled off a field/court/or rink with an upper body injury...until now that is.

So the Ice is all but gone, and on my way to work this morning I passed several houses through the city with chairs out in front of their place to preserve their parking spot. It's pretty neat, you see a variety of different types of "spot blockers" along the road. My personal favorite of the season is on W Philadelphia Street. Someone put out an entire couch to protect what they had shoveled! That is impressive! I am wondering what the thought process is with that. Well, let's start by saying that I figure anything in the spot probably prevents people from parking there as they would have to get out and move it and a casual drive by person looking for a spot is probably not going to do that. (If it's your neighbor, then that's just ignorant right?) So I would think that you would want something there that is easy to move, and something that you could leave out over night and not have to worry about it. Why a couch? It's most likely heavy, it's definitely bulky, and where the heck do you store this when your car is there? It's just a sidewalk and then the houses..Don't get me wrong it's very impressive to see someone use a couch as a blocker, but I have to imagine that has got to be extremely inconvenient. I really hope one of these mornings before all the snow is gone that I see someone just hanging out there sitting on it. The Rabbit stop is not too far away, why not relax while you wait..put your feet up, read a good book and hop on when it comes by. Just a suggestion. But props to the couch people.

No comments: